A/C not workin and summer comin'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay guys, so my A/C is not workin at all. When I turn on the button, it lights up but the A/C does nothing. The clutch doesn't spin and nothing happens.
Could it be my A/C compressor or a relay? I would like to save a couple bucks instead of replacing something that does not need replacing.

thanks guys
:pepper:

jdavis8317

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine done the same thing my vents worked and blew nothing but hot air are ur vents working all i done to mine was put a couple cans of freon in mine and it worked after that

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
There is a safety function on the AC compressor that will not let it cycle if it is too low on freon to prevent it from burning up. to check it jump the 2 wires from the condenser....You will have to do this if you want to refill it anyway

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look for oil around your pump or hoses and such if you find some that's where the leak is DON'T use stop leaks all it will do is plug up everything I learned the hard way good thing a flush cleaned it up after I replaced pump along with other parts.