A/C Condenser brand recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They burned me for a group of money as well . made me pay to return lots of incorrect parts for my square body crew cab . 'We did nothing wrong and you did nothing wrong , so we'll split the shipping costs' (THEY SUGGESTED THEIR SUPPLIER WAS AT FAULT)

Iv only had one problem with a rock auto part. It was actually a condenser for another car. They labeled the parts incorrectly, and would not take return as they said it wasn’t their fault. Took one call to American Express to reverse that charge. So I got my money back and ended up keeping the wrong part (worthless to me). Never had any other issues with them. I like their large assortment of OEM parts for all my cars, especially the GM ones.

Last edited:

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Many "Customer Reviews" don't even concern the part you are looking at. The ACDelco condenser for your truck is design with thin tubing that have tiny holes formed during extrusion, to increase the transfer of latent heat that increases the efficiency of R134a refrigerant. (See photos) If the tubing is the thickness of a paper match, this is what your are getting. Your "O-Tube" should be in the high pressure line near the condenser and not the condenser it's self. So the "Customer Review" is wrong, probably for a different model or brand of vehicle, like a Jeep.

Hey, thanks for the post. Question- would mine (1998, r134a) have the serpentine or parallel type condenser in it?

I cannot tell what kind the Delco one is, but three of the seven reviewers complained of the orifice tube not fitting. Now, they don’t say what type of vehicle they were using, so maybe it was a “operator error”?

You must be registered for see images attach

But some of the reviews for parallel condensers complained of it not fitting correctly, requiring new rubber shims and the like. If a parallel is smaller than a serpentine, could that just be someone trying to make the wrong one fit? The Murray looks to use the same photos as the Spectra 7-4721, so I’d wonder if they are the same part, but it’s the one I’m leaning toward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can tell you this, it's a crapshoot on what you get from Amazon that says AcDelco or Delphi. I bought an ac delco radiator for my 98 thru Amazon and it wasn't packaged very well, was beat up and thinner than my original and made in Mexico. So I sent it back and found a new old stock one from ebay that was like the 20 year old original-US made, same width and packaged right. I've also had the RockAuto problem that others have with returns, so I would use Amazon but only after you check ebay really close.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I ended up with the Spectra 7-4721. The first one was delivered literally hanging out of the box with crushed fins. It was someone else’s return, complete with scotch tape holding the box together. The folks at Amazon sent me another one, this one was at least intact but it has a schrader valve on the inlet.

Any idea what it’s for? It has an o-ring, but the temporary plastic cap is not a snug fit.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. What year truck is that diagram from...and what does that switch do?

This is for a 98 K1500, the original condenser does not have that port or switch.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
A '99 K1500 GMC Suburban(wife's Burb).Maybe GM changed something from '98 to '99.I just watched a video where the guy changed his condensor on a Tahoe and it didn't have that switch either.

Last edited:

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 95 has that valve port. It’s for a sensor as mentioned a few posts above. If your truck doesn’t have that sensor I don’t see any issues in just putting a cap on that and not using it. Also I think all the r134a trucks are parallel flow, but don’t quote me on that.

As for people saying the orfice tubes don’t fit, a lot of the condensers come with one already installed. My Murray one did, which I’m pretty sure is a rebranded Spectra.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m going to just cap it, I guess they put it there to make it a more universal fit.

This one has the orifice tube already in place. The first one they sent did not.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
After checking at Rock auto I found both condensors,with or without that extra fitting.You're probably right when you say universal fit.