Anyone Use a Parallel Flow A/C Condenser?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on converting my 1989 Silverado to R134a and from my research a parallel flow A/C condenser is recommended to get the best results from R134a gas. Is anyone using a parallel flow A/C condenser? Are you getting good performance?

This is a link that has some information about the benefits of a parallel flow condenser.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
The trucks that came with R-134a from the factory have parallel flow condensers and they all work fine. I converted my'92 K 1500 to R-134a and used a parallel flow condenser in it and it gets plenty cold

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to parallel along with sanden and elec fan and red or brown orifice tube back when had 91 suburban, made it better than gmt800 I also had at a time

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a parallel flow in my 88. Even with the R4 compressor I'm getting low 40s in 100° ambient temp at my left side vent.

Kinda out of focus, sorry...
You must be registered for see images attach

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to parallel along with sanden and elec fan and red or brown orifice tube back when had 91 suburban, made it better than gmt800 I also had at a time
Can you tell me more about the red or brown orifice tube? Was it a variable orifice tube?

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a parallel flow in my 88. Even with the R4 compressor I'm getting low 40s in 100° ambient temp at my left side vent.

Kinda out of focus, sorry...
You must be registered for see images attach
Since you have already converted your truck, can you give me any advice on what parts to use when I convert my truck to R134a? Did you use a variable orifice tube when you converted your truck?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since you have already converted your truck, can you give me any advice on what parts to use when I convert my truck to R134a? Did you use a variable orifice tube when you converted your truck?
I have used the GM White, Ford Blue, Ford Red and the Variable unit over the years in multiple vehicles. Here in Texas, I find the Ford Red or Variable to work the best. Ford Red is 0.062 where the GM White is 0.071. The Ford Blue is in the middle at 0.067". I recently put a variable in the Van, it cools quick, pressures are great, and it blows fingertip numbingly cold.