99 Suburban LT K1500 - Slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Level 3 is more than I ordered. Sourcing a core for my '96 became an issue that affected the deadline we agreed upon. As a result, he built more transmission than I ordered to make up for it. The transmission is purpose built for a drag car. The 1-2 shift was so firm that it ripped a leaf spring shackle apart. TBG sent me a different accumulator spring to install to soften up the 1-2 and everything's good now. If you order from him, mention this, and have him build yours with the lighter spring.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I'll probably go with a level 2 then, or level 2 with some adds to account for 35s. So you would recommend him then? Thanks btw.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Yes, highly recommended. Level 2 will suffice, just talk with him about the shift firmness. Still tell him you want a soft 1-2 shift or you'll have the same issue I did.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Alright - I am talking with the engine builder, and trying to decide on the cam setup.
I don't mind going to a higher stall, but I am having a hard time deciding between the ZZ4, the LT4, or 395. I'm open to other cams aswell, I just don't know enough.
I am doing 26918 springs, 787 retainers, 1.6 roller rockers, and a vmax intake spacer as well. The 395 I understand will run fine on the blackbox, but either a zz4 or lt4 will need the 0411 pcm swap and be tuned to properly run.

Any suggestions?

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
395 or ZZ4. Leave the LT4 off the table. I think either will run on the black box, just fine. I say "395" if you plan to work it and use it, and drive it. ZZ4 if it is only going top be a toy. I think the spacer is a waste, BTW.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Random misc parts updates.

Got some of my LEDs installed; will post pics of that shortly.
Purchased the new paddle/lever for our center consoles off ebay - there was a post on here somewhere. Fit and function is perfect - def recommend it if yours is broken.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also installed a new headlight switch - mine was melting'ish... the rubber would just rub away, like it was exposed to a harsh solvent. New one was free'fifty from the junk yard.

Installed 1 of the big 3 wires, battery to block. Picked it up from Tractor Supply, 1AWG 3ft long.

No pics, but I also got new visor clips as mine were broken. Finally, no more rattling against the windshield!

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Here is the LEDs. I purchased them from yitamotor on eBay. They are all high power variants - at first I thought they sucked (during the day), but they are awesome at night. The dash is not overpowering like it appears in the images - they are just right, not distracting but plenty bright.

In the dash and hvac are 'Cool White'. I also have some for the door panel switches, and overhead consoles - but they aren't installed yet.

In the foot wells are 'Super Blue'.

The dome lights are also 'Cool White'. I love the cool white in the dash, but they are way to blue for the dome lights. I'll be replacing them with Pure Whites. The picture over saturate it a bit, so it is a bit more white than in the pic, but still to much.

Here you can see the color difference between Cool White and Super Blue.

The door lights/markers will be getting Super Whites, as will the map lights, and glove box.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got dome lights from yitamotor in my suburban as well. I need to do my dash and hvac. Yours turned out great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk