99 Suburban K1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sooooo, I am moving back out to Arizona sometime at the end of this month, or next month. What would you do to prepare your truck for a drive like that? Keep in mind I will be towing my 4Runner which you also see in the photo above on the other side of the Burb. I know MPGs will SUCK.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Unless you're behind on maintenance there should be nothing that it needs. Will it be towing heavier than usual? Even if it is, a 1 time shot isn't that big a deal.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I maybe would crawl underneath and check the rear u joints, springs, dif fluid level, transfer case fluid level.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took it to the car wash today to get all the nasty salt off the frame from the last few weeks. Plus a cool picture showing the height difference vs my 2500 Sub.

You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I put some bright white LEDs in the dash, along with the doors and the 2 lights on the floor under the dash. Will get pictures of the dash tonight.

However...the drivers door courtesy light and under dash light are the only ones that work. The passenger side under dash light and all other courtesy door lights do not work. I am thinking it could be the whole headlight switch, since I have had problems with the dome lights staying on. I might have to replace it. Another thought is it could be the door switches? When the doors are opened, the courtesy lights are supposed to come on. I have a feeling everything is tied into that switch.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try flipping the LED around, most only work 1 way.

That I just did, no difference. I put my volt tester on the door courtesy lights and they all were getting power, but nothing was lighting up except that one drivers side. Very odd indeed.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Loving how the dash led lights came out!

The courtesy lights look good too...i love how well they light up the floor! Now 3 of the 4 door lights are on, except one as well as 1 under dash light, so i might start by replacing the headlight switch or door switch.