99 Suburban K1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picking up this 99 Suburban on Monday. It's got 117k on it and doesn't have any issues, since the previous owner did tons of maintenance on it. The goal of this build is to keep it nice and simple and close to stock as I can. Definitely going to do some interior mods. As far as exterior, most likely HID's and clean up the frame a little...we'll see!

This will be my 2nd Suburban, with my first one being a 97. I regret selling it, but I am glad I found another!

You must be registered for see images attach

Below, this was my first Suburban, and first vehicle I ever had:

Last edited:

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sharp! I love mine. Keep us posted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet find! Looks clean as hell. 5.7 or 7.4?

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I have the Vortec 5.7. After 1999 i'm pretty sure they switched to the 5.3
You are correct. They actually managed to one up the tried and true 350 too. I'm going to be looking for a wrecked truck or SUV with the 5.3 in it so I can give my s10 some grunt, when I get a garage that is.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got her registered and insured! Truck drives really good. As of now, mechanical wise, I think all it will need are U-joints and possibly an alignment. I'm dropping it by the shop today to have them check over everything.

Interior is in good shape, but I will be detailing the truck inside and out to make it 100%. I noticed little things like the ashtray lid on rear door panel is missing, plus a courtesy light cover. I can probably grab these off of eBay for cheap. Also the lock cylinder is missing from the drivers door, so in order to lock the doors I need to lock from inside and unlock from passenger side door (I need a new remote as well).

Aside from all that I got a great deal on it!