99 Suburban K1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you go with a 265/70, it won't throw the speedo off. That size actually brings mine as close as I can get to perfect with my GPS. The factory 245 size reads incorrect.

I'm waiting to hear more on the 2500, how's that one coming along?

Plus the 245 size just looks too small. I had 265s on my old 97 and then I upgraded to 285s. But 265s are a decent size. I'm going to go with an A/T tire.

2500 is coming along slow, will be updating shortly :)

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't be that cold down there! I woke up to about 20* this morning! Headed to Mesa for Christmas, I can't wait for the balmy summer weather!!!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't be that cold down there! I woke up to about 20* this morning! Headed to Mesa for Christmas, I can't wait for the balmy summer weather!!!

It's NY, the weather sucks here. In the mid 30s all week.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotcha, your profile pic says Tuscon. Shouldn't be cold there. I thought there was too much green and the trees were too tall for the desert!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotcha, your profile pic says Tuscon. Shouldn't be cold there. I thought there was too much green and the trees were too tall for the desert!

I will be moving back there in the next 2 years, hopefully. I love the desert weather.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya, I'm a desert rat myself. I love the hot weather. My worst fear is freezing to death! A few more years and we will snow-bird to Mesa. Enough of this frigid winter weather!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got her back! 2 fuel lines and an ignition control module later. I am now having the brakes go to the floor (well almost) when stopping gradually. When i apply pressure faster they dont go almost to the floor. Will drive her to work tomorrow.
You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not many updates however I finally got the truck to a transmission shop. 2k later I have a rebuilt tranny and it's driving much better. I sold the wooden center console and put back the stock console. And, just driving it since it is a daily. No complaints except it's gonna need new lower control arm bushings soon.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guess they are going back under the carpetthen.
Got my new Spyder headlights installed today along with the Phillips 9005/9006 bulbs. They wiggle a little, but the light output is so much better than before. The only major problemwas that 2 of the holes for the mounting brackets were stripped, and re threading them did not work. I just rammed 2 random bolts in there and will hope for the best. It sucks, but it will do for now.
You must be registered for see images attach