99 Suburban K1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well some idiot rear ended me the other day, pushing me into another car. I didn't even feel it but i heard it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bent the bumper in and the bumper bent into the truck itself. Waiting to hear back from insurance on how much they will cover to fix it...the driver was completely at fault. The other lady i was pushed into is going after him also. Thankfully, i only tapped the lady's car and it put a little scratch. Not a scratch on my front bumper at all. When the bumper got bent, it pushed up the plastic so i couldnt open the barn doors, so i had to rip it off.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, I swapped all seats from my 2500 in. I love the older style seats.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapped in the underhood storage box from the 2500 and gave the 2500 the aux. battery tray.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shes back from the body shop and looking amazing!
Brand new bumper too. Shaping up to be an amazing truck! The plans with this one are and always have been to keep it stock yet minor modifications. Down the road i am going to switch to some classic chrome wheels...

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally put in the brand new carpet that was previously in my 2500. With that, along with the mint seats and more, she pretty much looks like a brand new truck!

The hood release lever broke where it bolts in. Ordered a new one. Also ordered a tan 92-94 center console to match the seats. Now need to order one of those rubber floor plugs that came out upon ripping up the old carpet.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the new console in. This one is much better than the 95-99 consoles IMO. I like the storage and just the overall looks of it.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up a set of regular tires with some nice black wheels. Since I am moving back to AZ, these will be more highway friendly as they are not all terrain or mud terrain. Didnt want to put wear on my other set, although I may end up selling them.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Throw some Chevy center caps on there and it'll look damn good; something about black steelies and grey colored trucks just works so well together.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Throw some Chevy center caps on there and it'll look damn good; something about black steelies and grey colored trucks just works so well together.

Which ones would you suggest? I had a set of non chevy caps laying around, but ended up tossing them since they were all dented up

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which ones would you suggest? I had a set of non chevy caps laying around, but ended up tossing them since they were all dented up

Hard to decide; the GMT800 caps would work really well and update the look a little; but the GMT400 centers would pair perfect with the steelies.