99 Suburban K1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quick rest. Getting there! About 4 hours to go, but first- eat some food in Los Cruces!
You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here she is in Tucson! Been a few days settling in. Something i've noticed- the a/c seems to be having trouble keeping up with the 100+ degree heat. It blows semi cool and only blows cold enough in the mornings, but i think it should could be colder. Because of that, I haven't been driving it much unless its the morning or evening.

I also installed a small light bar on the bumper for when i'm out in the desert at night.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wanted to see if the 4wd was working, so I took a quick drive out to Reddington Pass to see. Worked great, just need some better tires. In the next year or two, I might do a 6" lift with 35"s.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So while moving out here, apparently U-haul in NY unknowingly and unprofessionally rented me a trailer with non working brakes. I had the u haul place in Tucson check the brakes, and they confirmed with my suspicions that they were broken.

So, I filed a claim to have my brand new rotors and pads replaced again, as I just had them replaced before the trip!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel line developed a hole so I had to buy a new section in the front. No other upgrades, however I did buy an 80 series land cruiser to replace my 4Runner!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, sold the ol girl today. I am in a tight financial situation, so one vehicle had to go. I will however be buying a cheap car to daily, while I work on building my savings up for another truck in the future. The new owner has plans for a 4" lift and tires so we'll see what she does with it!