99 Sub 4x4 front drive shaft removal, axle shafts removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malones99

Reaction score
Noise/vibration when I accelerate, not to much, when I let off the gas, it gets louder, then stops.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it make different noises and get louder going around a corner, either left or right? or click when turning one direction at low speeds?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There plenty of "noises" a vehicle can make. Please be a little more specific.

Are you reffering to my reply? lol If so i will clarify.

To the OP: Does the your truck make a clunking or humming noise going around a corner (ONE direction or the other). Also do you hear an occasional clunk (say every minute or two) coming from one wheel OR the other while driving straight down the road? Also when the truck is jacked up, do either of the front wheels have play in any direction (up or down, or side to side)?

bigriver

Reaction score
You can disassemble the cv axle and reinstall the outer part with axle nut. Thats the only way I can see doing that.

JWolfe75

Reaction score
Got it! My nuts are torqued correctly!

is your burb lifted?

Well since nobody else has asked, what kind of noise are you hearing? Maybe you don't need to take anything apart to figure this out. The driveshaft does not move unless you are in 4wd so don't expect the noise to magically go away when you pull the shaft.

The front ds in my burb spins all the time :anitoof: