99 350 vortec rough idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Probably should include the picture :/

You must be registered for see images attach
Not exactly sure how it moves(was 2 years ago when I replaced it). Best thing would be to compare it with a new one at the parts store. Looks like the original one in the picture though. So given mileage and age it's probably worn out

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not exactly sure how it moves(was 2 years ago when I replaced it). Best thing would be to compare it with a new one at the parts store. Looks like the original one in the picture though. So given mileage and age it's probably worn out
Yeah it did look pretty original, I picked up a new one and am about to put it in, let's hope this was the issue.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Ok I replaced the IAC and she idles real nice, thanks for the help fellas
Good to hear! When my Burb was acting up, I called my cousin who is a retired fleet mechanic. He also had a 91 Chevy rclb pickup that he got from his neighbor, and a similar GMC that was a retired Hendrix GMC (Austin,Texas dealership)parts department truck. Both TBI, but good trucks. I barely had the problem described to him when he told me about the TPS. He also said that if the IACV was original, it might be due for replacement too.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to hear! When my Burb was acting up, I called my cousin who is a retired fleet mechanic. He also had a 91 Chevy rclb pickup that he got from his neighbor, and a similar GMC that was a retired Hendrix GMC (Austin,Texas dealership)parts department truck. Both TBI, but good trucks. I barely had the problem described to him when he told me about the TPS. He also said that if the IACV was original, it might be due for replacement too.
s Nice, it's always nice to know someone like that, sounds like nice trucks too

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
s Nice, it's always nice to know someone like that, sounds like nice trucks too
Yes it is, and they were. The Chevy was 2 tone blue and silver, and a Silverado. The Jimmy was a W/T, and solid white. I would've liked to have gotten it before it got wrecked (while his daughter and some friends were in it). The kids were okay, and the truck was still drivable. But it was better before....both trucks may still be driving around Austin area. He sold the Chevy to a friend from work because it needed a transmission, and the guy had a way to get that done. He's got a 66 Chevy pickup now, with a 350 and 3 on the tree.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes it is, and they were. The Chevy was 2 tone blue and silver, and a Silverado. The Jimmy was a W/T, and solid white. I would've liked to have gotten it before it got wrecked (while his daughter and some friends were in it). The kids were okay, and the truck was still drivable. But it was better before....both trucks may still be driving around Austin area. He sold the Chevy to a friend from work because it needed a transmission, and the guy had a way to get that done. He's got a 66 Chevy pickup now, with a 350 and 3 on the tree.
Darn, that's a shame, but that 66 sounds like a bad mama jama, got pics?