98 Silverado interior water intrusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go from the top like I said. Your fresh air inlet is leaking....

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to pull that cover off tonight, got a tube of body seam sealer waiting for this job. Carpet is finally dry after power wash job last weekend. That thing weighed a ton wet.

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, finally got it last night, that was a total painful PITA! But, in the end it was the foam sealant around the air box intake. Thanks all for your input and help. Now on to suspension to get this truck on the road next week. PIC's to follow soon.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem, glad you got it fixed. I know mine drove me crazy until I finally tracked it down...

carluvr

Reaction score
Heater core, windshield or the hvac inlet duct in the cowl.

If it's the hvac duct you have to pull the wipers, the black trim an then on the pass side you'll see a panel seam sealed to the cowl. Cut the seam sealer with a razor an remove that panel. You now have access to the inlet for the hvac. The foam tape dries out an allows water to enter. Remove the tape an silicone it up, inside an outside that duct. Silicone the panel back over the top an then use silicone in the cowl trim screws as well. One of them is directly over the inlet. One way to know if it's the inlet or not is to put it on recirculation. If you see no leaks then reseal that inlet opening.

X2!!!