98 power locks an windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok well i have the cab off and in the shop to give it some love over the next few months and it has roll up windows. i want to change it all over to power can some one give me a run down on what it takes..

i know i can keep my doors and just change the guts out to all power. i can get the guts cheap at the pick a part "IF" someone hasnt got to the doors and F@#$ed them up!! i alread plain to pull the dash to do some cleaning of the A/C box and to put my wheel tubs in.. what all will i need to change to make this work?

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wire harness that goes behind the dash that connects to both doors at the kick panel. From my experience it should be from the same year and cab configuration. From what I went through, they must have changed pigtails on the harness a few times and they won't plug into your dash without splicing if you won't get the same model year door skins and harness.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
To get to the factory wiring harness, you have to pull the dash. It's one of the first things installed in the cab @ the factory.
When I convert mine, I'm just gonna hang a complete set of doors with all the power stuff. Seems that that would be a whole lot easier than messing around inside the doors, with that stupid inner panel that everything in there is attached to.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just dont want to give up my clean doors lol..

so i have to find a 98 truck to get all the stuff from? ext. cab or RC..

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go with a reg cab so you don't run into problems with plugs not matching. The truck i was working on was a 98 and the 97 we got the door skins and harness from would not plug into the dash correctly without splicing. xcab from same year would work ,(have xtra stuff you don't need), I would try hardest to get a reg cab wire harness . The one I did we ended up getting a xcab harness because of a time crunch, I had to really cut it up and solder and shrink all kinds of stuff on it. It was from the same year so the plugs did match though.