'98 crewcab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heading to the pick n pull in Edmonton tomorrow, maybe I'll find something good, but it has to fit in the back of the minivan since the wife and kids are coming, so maybe 2 captain's chairs max, and I can get the other 2 another time.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fixed the embarrassing heater squeal by using a tiny bit of light lubricant on the fan's shaft. I decided to try using some light lube after a spare motor from a donor was squeeky as well. Since the donor didn't cost anything, I probed with some aerosol lube to find the source, once I found it I used a little lube on that part and now she's golden!

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sold my spare overhead console for $60, and bought a sleeper cab for $60. The console was free, so essentially I got a free sleeper cab. I decided on a sleeper over a full bed canopy because I will eventually have a gooseneck hitch, so this way I can have some extra dry storage space and have most of a usable bed. Under the sleeper will be locking storage cabinets to house various tools and whatnot. Maybe I'll even mount a winch under there and incorporate a roller into the tailgate. I've got time to figure it out.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't get the sleeper after all, but put in a smoked rear glass from an '88 instead, kind of has a brownish hue to it. I prefer smoked glass to tint film any day knowing it won't bubble or peel or change colour. I also sold my winter tires from my minivan that were a little too wide, so I used a bit of that money to buy a new clear headlight set with small amber reflectors (I needed the amber to break it up, clear lights on a white truck is too much for me!), and with a portion of my income tax refund I'll be getting a new grille, not quite decided on the style yet. I also have a backpay for a retroactive pay raise coming soon, that will get me new tail lights and LED 3rd break light. Paint is also in the books, I've started filling in the paint chips and removed all the glue residue from the badging and old decals. Gonna be a sharp looking truck by year's end if all goes to plan!

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my headlights/signals/corners delivered today. Cost from ebay was just under $100 shipped. They look to be decent quality, the lenses on the turn signals seems a bit thin but time will tell if they hold up. I'm going to go ahead and install them on my broken chev grille because I don't know when I'll be ordering my grille, that and because I'm missing one corner lens. Pics will come when they're on