98 5.7 vortec fuel problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The upstream sensor could certainly cause a problem, as it adjusts the A/F ratio when the system is in closed loop. I asked because it may not be a sensor fault, but a rich/lean code that would point to something else, like an intake leak or a poppet. Exhaust leaks after the cat wouldn't cause a B1S1 code, or affect that sensor.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

stevenmc08

Reaction score
I have a feeling its gonna be the #5 injector that's gonna be messed up and setting off the O2 code. If the sensor don't fix it I'll be sure to get the code number and hopefully go from there. I'm planning on the spider upgrade anyway when taxes come in lol.

stevenmc08

Reaction score
Got the O2 sensor on today and also changed the fuel filter just for the hell of it. The truck is running a little better but not 100%. I noticed yesterday its leaking oil from the back of the intake so the gaskets have failed after 4 months! I guess I'm gonna check the fuel pressure to eliminate the pump then do the spider system and gaskets unless anyone has any other ideas?