97 tahoe rear drum problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGDKY

Reaction score
i replaced a leaking wheel cylinder last night and bled it until all air was out. I didnt remove any of the rear brakes, i just kind of pushed them out of the way to get it in. The brakes work awesome until a random point driving down the road it will lock the rear tire up. I can hit the brakes hard and hear some sort of a popping sound then it will release but does it again and again. It does have abs if that matters.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
if your brakes are soaked in brake fluid it will cause them to lock up. your should replace your shoes and drums. or at lease clean & buff down your shoes and resurface your drums!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
yes i would go ahead and replace the pads and turn the drums while they off. also pull all your springs and adjusters out and grease up the adjusters real good inside threads and on both end caps of the sliders.
maybe you put something back in wrong or they are to tight.
drum brakes suck working on with all those freakin springs and adjusters and rods in there! thats why i try to snap a picture of the brakes gutts befor ei pull them apart of both sides that way you can use that picture as reference to put it all back together! those springs and adjusters need to go back exactly!