97 k1500 5.7 vortec breather hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97moneypit

Reaction score
I have a Volant CAI on my 1998 5.7L and upgraded to a marine intake last year. The MI needs a TB spacer which raises the air neck by 1" and had the same problem of the PCV intake hose not quite reaching. Solved by purchasing a Dayco 80412 coolant hose which has the same ID/OD with a 90 degree bend but is much longer than the stock 90 degree rubber elbow. Just trim off the excess rubber for a custom fit. Easy peasy.

Edit: You mention that the previous owner did custom work so it sounds like you may not be starting from original equipment. The pcv intake tube stock is a 3/4" hard plastic tube that inserts into a grommet in the valve cover and has a rubber 90 degree elbow to connect the plastic tube to intake air neck. GM p/n 12553090. If the air neck penetration is higher than stock then you'll need to do what I did. But you may solve your problem just by going back to stock assuming K&N properly engineered their kit.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This was the correct part I needed