97 GMC k1500 5.7 engine sensor connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97moneypit

Reaction score
would anyone know that type of connectors are used on these trucks? i would like to repair some sensor connections. the wire is exposed right where the wires go into the connections and would just like to replace replace the terminals.

also would anyone know what sensor is connected right at the power steering pump? harness goes down passenger side of engine, you have a ground, then crank shaft sensor, then it wraps up to behind the power steering pump?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
would anyone know that type of connectors are used on these trucks? i would like to repair some sensor connections. the wire is exposed right where the wires go into the connections and would just like to replace replace the terminals.

also would anyone know what sensor is connected right at the power steering pump? harness goes down passenger side of engine, you have a ground, then crank shaft sensor, then it wraps up to behind the power steering pump?

metri-pack/weather-pack

Although often kind of expensive you can find many pigtails for each specific plug. Rockauto has lots listed.

Wiring going to the power steering pump is probably EVO.... I think 97 was the first year. If you haven't had the truck since new, a previous owner may have disconnected it. Its a trouble spot for quite a few people, in fact GM has a bypass kit, and often times replacement pumps have the bypass installed.

97moneypit

Reaction score
metri-pack/weather-pack

Although often kind of expensive you can find many pigtails for each specific plug. Rockauto has lots listed.

Wiring going to the power steering pump is probably EVO.... I think 97 was the first year. If you haven't had the truck since new, a previous owner may have disconnected it. Its a trouble spot for quite a few people, in fact GM has a bypass kit, and often times replacement pumps have the bypass installed.

i cant not find the EVO connector to purchase

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You may want to research the EVO system here on the forum before spending time/money on it.

HotrodZ06

GMT400 Collector
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually just de-pin the exposed wire terminal slide heat shrink over it just past the seal on the wire and shrink it. Provides at least as much protection or more than the original insulation.