'97 ECSB body work questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverado9798

Reaction score
I've been working on this project truck I bought in December to fix up and restore. Just have a few questions about removing different exterior body options.
I plan on removing all the stainless steel rocker panel trim along the bottom due to missing sections, dents, etc. I've heard from several people that strong fishing line works well to remove these, any other suggestions?

Also, I want to take off the cab sun visor or whatever it's called, looks to be bolted on- haven't looked at it real close yet but has anyone ever removed one of these?
Thanks, ahead of time.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just take them out like you would a normal screw but you will have holes in your roof. I know a few people that took their visors off, put the screws back in with the little plastic caps and a little silicone so they don't leak. Can't really tell they are there unless your up close.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
use fishing line to take the chrome off and clean it up with an eraser wheel quickest easiest way

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when you take the visor off it'll leave holes. You can either fill them in with silicone or weld them up.
use fishing line and an eraser wheel to remove the trim and glue left behind.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
if u have a heat gun u can get the chrome trim off and most of the glue