97 door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking to put some better speakers in more doors but I cant find any 5.5s, or do I have the wrong size? I have the tweeters above them aswell. Could i just put 5.25s in? Or would I have to put 6s in and just make the hole bigger?

Cheers!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can fit up to an 8" driver in those doors if you try hard enough ...
Most people install 6.5" components in those door locations ... But you have to make a MDF or lexan trim ring for just about any driver that goes in those door locations for proper clearance and sealing ...

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
you can fit up to an 8" driver in those doors if you try hard enough ...
Most people install 6.5" components in those door locations ... But you have to make a MDF or lexan trim ring for just about any driver that goes in those door locations for proper clearance and sealing ...

Hey Randal, I'm not an audiophile, and I'm sure u get this Q alot but; I do like a clean sound. I have a basic pioneer HU with a composite speaker system, consisting of 6" alpine subs w/ 1" tweeters (including the little box that phonically seperates the two), pioneer 5" 3 way speakers and an Alpine MRP-F250 amp. I was wonderin what config u could suggest using these components. ( I'm on a short budget). Thx

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Randal, I'm not an audiophile, and I'm sure u get this Q alot but; I do like a clean sound. I have a basic pioneer HU with a composite speaker system, consisting of 6" alpine subs w/ 1" tweeters (including the little box that phonically seperates the two), pioneer 5" 3 way speakers and an Alpine MRP-F250 amp. I was wonderin what config u could suggest using these components. ( I'm on a short budget). Thx
pleae start a thread on this with pics of your equipment and you truck's interior and I would be glad to get to work on this ...
Are you wanting to stay primarily in stock locations ?? or are you willing to modify ?? more pics of your truck's existing setup the better for me to help ...

Also, there is a HUGE car show in my area comming up in march and I'm talking with the "powers that be" running that show to see if I can throw a huge GMT400 meetup show and shine in the mix ...

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
pleae start a thread on this with pics of your equipment and you truck's interior and I would be glad to get to work on this ...
Are you wanting to stay primarily in stock locations ?? or are you willing to modify ?? more pics of your truck's existing setup the better for me to help ...

Also, there is a HUGE car show in my area comming up in march and I'm talking with the "powers that be" running that show to see if I can throw a huge GMT400 meetup show and shine in the mix ...

Be glad to start a thread. Gimme a sec. I have BIG dogs that luv to trash my interiors, so I would like to keep the expensive stuff up high. Will post pics ina min.