97 c1500 farm truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McSweeney

Reaction score
Wym upgraded version? Also i got 2 places saying they can swap in a rebuilt tranny and torque converter for 1250 so as long as it works ill be ok for now but they are made of glass so ill have to keep my fingers crossed
Well if its spider. Recommend the upgraded version (mpfi)
Wym upgraded version? Also i got 2 places saying they can swap in a rebuilt tranny and torque converter for 1250 so as long as it works ill be ok for now but they are made of glass so ill have to keep my fingers crossed
Upgraded as in the fuel injection idk what mpfi is lol

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old fuel injection system if it's like the 350 was a spider sequential fuel injection or sfi. Now they have a spider multi port fuel injection or mpfi

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You ever have a problem with your trucks flywheel ticking? I think maybe the bolts to the torque converter are loose but idk

Not ticking. I've had the lifters tick. Flywheel was good all the way til I swapped the motor. There should be an access to see the bolts though

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea im not sure why they even included the 5.0 it seems that it’s identical to the 5.7, its a little more underpowered and supposedly more fuel efficient but for the most part the parts are universal between the two
Rated same hp but when i swapped my 96 5spd over to 5.7 you can really tell the difference in torque especially with a trailer.