97 c1500 extended cab clutch slave replacement questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oilspot

Reaction score
Just joined this afternoon. I've owned a 97 c1500 extended cab for prob two years now. The clutch slave started going out about 9 months ago. I just parked it because I had a second vehicle and a lot going on. So now I'm back to the truck and have a few questions I need to clear up.

As far as the driveshaft. I'm sure I could pull the whole damn thing and figure out how it fits together, but i'd rather not! It's an extended cab, and has a carrier. Where do I wanna take it free to get it out of the way?

And does anybody have any kind of manual for this truck. I figure I'll go ahead and buy a good FSM before to long. But for now I need to get the truck up and running with as little $$$ as possible (I'm starting a new, better paying job here in a month or so.

also, since I'm rolling around under there, how do I identify what transmission I've got? I know it's a 5spd manual but model etc. I'm sure will come in handy!