97' 6.5TD Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CokeZero

Reaction score
Okay I have a 97 6.5 crew cab dually and I need ideas on my problem. First off let me state the tranny was rebuilt 2 years ago so I don't think thats the problem.

Sometimes when I'm driving and I take off from a stop and give it alot of gas it will barely pull (Won't squat and go) accelerates slow and if you put it too the floor the rpms jump up in overdrive but it doesn't pull any faster.

I have a crappy faze boost gauge hooked up running to a fitting on the top of the intake. when turned off it sits below 0. so its hard for me to get an accurate reading. but when I looked at the boost gauge when its doing the problem I stated above and I floor it, the gauge reads backwards a little (like its going into vac)

So I'm thinking its some sort of boost leak but I'm not sure. It doesn't do it all the times. just sometimes. and seems only after ive been driving a bit. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!