96 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CinchUp

Reaction score
attachment.php
I'm new here just looking for a little guidance in fixing up my truck. The previous owner used it as a farm truck so there are scratches and some dings, more so on the right side than left. Any thoughts on the best way to go about fixing the dents and scratches would be great. I'm also thinking about rhino lining the rocker panels, fender flares, grille guard, and rear end replacement. I'm still debating whether or not to debadge..... Not sure whether or not to run a 3" sus lift with some 33s or a 6 with 35s. My budget is kinda tight since I am a full time student. It would be my DD, but i still want something I can off road in.

Any comments, suggestions, tips would be great, thanks! (Thanks JJZ71)

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Welcome, throw up some pictures of your truck so we can get a better idea of what your looking for. Where in Texas are you located?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
You want bad *** ideas for your truck????? Stick with dirtyhick42 :evillol: Boy knows how to fix up a truck without it being over done or half *** done.
Can't wait to see what you got as a starting point. No problem on the help bro, I was new to the site once also and got help from all these guys as well :handshake:

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With being on a budget I would go with a 33" tire. With 35's regearing would be a wise choice for a daily driver but also $$$. Also with being a 3/4 ton you should have no problem fitting the 33's stock with only a little t-bar crank, with the right rim offset. Just dont get carried away with the crank or else the ride will suffer and wear front end parts out quickly.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3 inch susp. lift is worthless, keys do nothing, don't bother, crank up the stockers and block it or stivk to a body lift or one of the full drop setups like the 4 and 6 inch lifts.

CinchUp

Reaction score
I'm located in between Austin and San Antonio
You must be registered for see images
My driveway is an incline, I put this picture up to see if you could tell if it has any sort of lift/crank/etc.
http://mail.aol.com/34078-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=24724143&folder=Inbox&partId=1

CinchUp

Reaction score
[/IMG]
You must be registered for see images attach

My driveway is an incline, I put this picture up to see if you could tell if it has any sort of lift/crank/etc.

sorry bout that, hope they worked this time!

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Doesn't look cranked at all in the front, looks like a 14 bolt semi-float rear which I haven't every really seen in the 2500's so that is odd to me. For the dents I would honestly not worry about them because of the extent and amount of dents but if it bother's you that much it would be easiest to find a new door and bed at a salvage yard that aint dented. When you say you want to offroad in it what does that entail? Mud and open pastures, or trails that your truck isn't gonna fit on anyways?

CinchUp

Reaction score
When it does actually rain here, i'll be taking it in the mud and open fields mostly. I think i'll try pulling the dents out with the air pressure puller, then if that doesn't work ill go see what i can find at the junk yard