96 Chevrolet k2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel 5 Speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silentkillzr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey i thought id make a thread considering i have to fix a lot of **** on this truck lol

Its an original 350/4l60e truck, PO swapped it over to a 6.5 turbo diesel, nv4500 5 speed trans.

Pics as it sits, i have to fix the starter mounting situation. other than that she runs great and gets 20-24mpg.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

She's pretty clean other than the cab corners as usual. Floors are solid, fenders need work prolly pick up some new ones.

Its got 4" exhaust off the turbo to 5 in stacks.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dunno how much I like the exhaust, not really my thing. But I really really dig the 6.5 Diesel and the 5 speed! that is a rockin combination!

Silentkillzr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive always digged the idea of stacks, but i never wanted todo it, this truck had em done already so whatever, sounds amazing (Especially with the back window open xD). This thing rips hard, 160k ish on the motor, which is nothing for a diesel.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Not bad, I agree on the stacks though.

Hello from another WI 6.5 owner. lol

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice rig. Im sure a 6.5 5 speed is a ton of fun! I would change the stacks to a single 6 in miter cut that goes just below the top of the cab. I think it would look much cleaner, but to each his own.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Nice rig. Im sure a 6.5 5 speed is a ton of fun! I would change the stacks to a single 6 in miter cut that goes just below the top of the cab. I think it would look much cleaner, but to each his own.

miter cut FTW

Silentkillzr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol can anyone in southern wisconsin tow me to milwaukee! The shop i found that can fix my block is 20 miles away :|

EDIT: update, the truck is at the shop, wish it luck!

Last edited: