95 TBI Mods Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I would do the ultimate TBI mods, 454 injectors. custom tune. e-fans. All these are bolt on mods that will gain you some extra power. These aren't going to gain you big power. TBI heads are very restrictive so even switching to a carb will be a big letdown. What are your power goals?

Vortec heads ftw. Bolt-on and have immediate power gains. :D

g_0115

Reaction score
I've seen the ultimate tbi mods and I'm soon going to get a custom tune once I put my cam in I'm also planning on swapping the heads to trick flow heads my power goals would be at least 300-400 hp I'm going to do a Eaton posi differential 3:73 or 4:10 gears Rebuild my tranny put corvette servo hays pro truck clutch kit not sure on the torque converter maybe 2000 stall then really focus on the motor maybe stroke it out to 383

g_0115

Reaction score
Hey jd I actually wanted the vortec heads but people said if I do that might as well spend a little more on performance heads

g_0115

Reaction score
Yeah I wad going to say the tps connector is different and the injector plugs so the IAC valve is okay? &did you have to bore your intake?

Murd450

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 405 , where the fastest street cars on the pla
It was done before I got it . I Could look later . A friend of mine did all the mods , I traded a 4wd s10 for my truck . I'm sure he didn't have the intake bored , he is to cheap . The way my truck is set up it beats my brothers 04 5.3 ecsb in a 1/8 mi street race .

g_0115

Reaction score
Oh I see okay okay if I may ask what other mods do you have on your ride?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Hey jd I actually wanted the vortec heads but people said if I do that might as well spend a little more on performance heads

It's up to you. Summit sells fully assembled, ready to bolt-on Vortec heads for about $600-$700 per set. I found my #062 heads locally for $300, rebuilt, ported and polished.

EDIT: but theres a little more to it than that. The vortec heads will bolt directly to the block no problem, but they have 8 intake bolt holes instead of 12 like the TBI heads. You can either get the heads machined to add the missing tapped holes and use the stock intake, or you can spend an extra $200 for a carb intake with TBI adapter like I did, and there are adapters already made for the 2" bores on the 454 TBI, so you can kill 3 birds with one stone. Heads, intake, and 454 throttle body for about $200 plus the cost of head gasket kit and bolts and other small stuff.