95 Tahoe 4x4, ~5 sec of cranking before starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My engine started turning over very slow in my opinion tonight when I headed to work. It started but it made me a little nervous. My alternator is brand new and puts out 14v to the battery so I thought ok, the battery is going bad and maybe has a weak cell. I yanked the battery out and took it to autozone. They load tested the battery and all is supposedly well...

What I'm getting at is this.....Could your starter be on its way out and its pulling too many amps? I'm taking mine up to Autozone in the morning as I didn't drive my truck there tonight and I'm going to have them check to see how many amps my starter is pulling during startup.

I will report back but I'm thinking/hoping this may be the culprit.

I also went ahead and bought a new fuel filter which will be installed in the next fuel days. I did buy a new fuel pump with a new strainer as well but that's more of a back up for down the road plus I can always take it back. I do need to check my fuel psi which I think Moto would benefit from as well.

Good Luck with everything and sorry to hi-jack your thread here.

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
new starter cranks her over faster but still has a delay on starting. Any updates Moto?

Fuel pump relay took care of my issue.

Last edited: