95 Silverado Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
My theory is, the head lights and the turn signals are rectangular. Why would you put round fog lights on? I say option B.

I was thinking about running them behind the grille so I dont think they'd be seen unless your looking for them, but then again that's a good point. Funny thing is the rectangular ones came with my 73 that has round headlights, they didn't look to good on it now that I think about.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
LOL! I see that all the time, round and rectangular or square lights mismatched. Kind of looks like " Hey I got them, I'll use them". I think large round ones would have looked sweet on the 73, But square just wouldn't cut it in my opinion.

And you would be surprised at what you can see behind the grille when your close enough.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
I wonder if I can retrofit the new style bulbs into the older rectangular lights, bulbs like in the ford fogs or maybe LED bulbs :weld:

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Well I my first job that Uncle Sam knows about, was working in a sand mine under the table on the weekends, but they didn't want to chance working a 17 year old anymore with OSHA breathing down their necks. Anyways went in and got hired on the spot. So I'll finally have some income even if its only minimum wage bag boy job, I got it to supply my truck part addiction. Coming soon in the next few months 4 inch lift and 1.5 or 2 inch blocks, possibly Jeep JK wheels and 33's

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Well its been about two weeks since the last update. Still working on her slowly, all the way torn down now inside and out. Haven't had too much time to work on it since I've been helping my dad put together an 03 1500 RCLB Cateye Chevrolet truck he swapped around $100 of labor for that was wrecked, so that I can hopefully get my license and drive the Cateye until the red truck is all done.

On the upside I picked out a color. Lamborghini Mars Rosso, a real vibrant red that'll look really good when its finished.

Pic of the test panel vs my lights (Camera makes it look different)
You must be registered for see images attach

Pic of the color on a Lambo
Lamborghini Aventador / Rosso Mars by Ciorra Photography, on Flickr

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Need some help on this one.

Okay when I got my truck the temp gauge didn't work and apparently it would run not hot, but warmer than it should before I got it, and I figured that out after I played with it a bit when I got it. I changed the thermostat hoping that would be the issue, but it had a brand new one already in it, I put the new one I bought in it anyways though. Anyways me and my dad decided to see if it had air pockets in the system, and then we found out if you rev it while the cap is off, and then let off it will spray a 2 foot geyser of coolant out of it. My dad said it may need another radiator and that this one may be stopped up, but I wanted to get yall's opinion on what the problem may be. It runs like a champ besides that, with the exception of when the battery is low it spits and sputters and backfires like its not firing right. Pretty sure thats not normal either. Please help if you can!!!!

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
My roll pan came in yesterday, and I bought a few things from O'reillys, Fuel filter, Vinyl dye, brake clean, and some 75w90 Synthetic Gear Oil, so I can get my diff cover painted and pinstriped, then put it on the truck.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Heres a pic of the roll pan. Sorry for the mess, but all of its car related, have a bunch of magazines and calendars out looking for cool ideas for my truck, and all the rest is parts I have for my truck. The boxes behind the roll pan are my CAI and Valve Covers. And the bag on the futon is my welding gear. Good way to fill up a room if you ask me. Also I didn't realize a GoPro could take pictures until now, and wow does it take a wide shot.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
I found a cup holder insert for my console today, it was on the floor of a 97 Z71 in a junkyard, got it for free too!

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Well at school today I was playing on my phone on FB and I was a set of JK wheels for $100, the second I got out I called the guy, met him, and bought the wheels withing 15 minutes of leaving school. I say I did pretty good. Now just to get a 3" or 4" lift spindles, and 2.5" or 3" spacers and a set of 285/70/17's or 33/12.50/17's.