95 Long bed Reg Cab named "Stitch"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Got some things accomplished today, the y-pipe is now detached from the manifolds, the load leveler is attached to the engine, the shift cable is detached,need a new one :(. Couldn't find my 11mm ratchet wrench to detach the u-joint caps but the trans mount and motor mounts are detached as well just need to get the cherry picker attached and start pulling the 350/60e

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was getting to the short end of my fuse ... Today is cleaning day in the garage.

That's one of the hard lessons I learned. I have to take about one of every three days in the shop to just clean up and organize. How does it get messy so fast? Fortunately, cleaning is calming and therapeutic after a couple days of cursing at imaginary engineers.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
That's one of the hard lessons I learned. I have to take about one of every three days in the shop to just clean up and organize. How does it get messy so fast? Fortunately, cleaning is calming and therapeutic after a couple days of cursing at imaginary engineers.
I'm an engineer... I do believe I am not imaginary, lmao.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I have to wonder how many times you've been working on a vehicle and doubted the professional credentials of the guy who made "that one part" stupid hard to work with.
Oh I have 100%. The one I currently can think is the distance between the driveshaft after the u-joint ears, and the u-joint strap bolts on my truck it is too little to get a ratchet and a socket in there or even a swivel and socket.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Getting closer to pulling the 350/60e. The cherry picker is pushed forward not pulling it today had other things to do.

You must be registered for see images attach

The pile of stuff to get cleaned, blasted and coated keeps growing. The bag is full of hardware. I also got the back of the new bumper descaled, rust converted and painted.

You must be registered for see images attach

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So I think I have decided not to keep an electronic trans at all, and I am going with a TH400, with a 3.42 GM 10 Bolt w/ a Detroit or Eaton Tru-Trac locker. My choice of Trans is that i found a TH400 w/46k miles on it for $300, I just need to find a GMT400 Th400/80e rclb to get the driveshaft from or just buy a yoke and have a custom driveshaft made.