95 k1500 brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've read been reading through a lot of the threads trying to find an answer to my question and I've found similar questions and answers but not exactly. My brakes have always been spongy but now more than before. I've had my master cylinder replaced before but can't remember whether it was a reman or now but regardless the truck hasn't had enough miles put on it to have the MC replaced again (in a perfect world at least). The odd part behind it is they've been very spongy since ive done a lift and swapped to 35x12.50s but this past weekend I hopped in and they suddenly were running great, brake pedal not spongy truck stops without putting foot through the floor etc. I go to hop back in again today and its back to the same old spongy brakes again. I would just go out and buy a new MC and start there but I'm on a tighter budget right now and last time I remember it was like a 100 bucks so I'd rather some other opinions first. Thanks and sorry for a repost if this happens to be one.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
The brake pedal on my dads jeep got spongy and got worse. It ended up being the brake booster. Maybe thats an idea since the mc was recently replaced

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The brake pedal on my dads jeep got spongy and got worse. It ended up being the brake booster. Maybe thats an idea since the mc was recently replaced

The booster is actually newer than the MC...when my booster went, it did opposite and prevented me from hitting the brakes so I don't believe it's that...when my brakes got spongy before it was the MC but like I said, I want to look at all options before throwing money in the wrong places

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I assume you have ABS on your truck. If so there might be dirt caught in one of the ABS dump valves holding it open. You can try bleeding the system to see if you can push the dirt through.