95 K1500 5.7 TBI Fuel Lines need replacing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevrobster

Reaction score
The steel rear brake line blew out on my k1500 (Reg cab, long box), so tonight I crawled underneath to start removing it and to figure out the best way to repair. After studying the line and the routing it became apparent that I'm going to need to also replace the fuel lines that run alongside the brake line as they are rusted badly and just waiting to blow out. I'd like to do a complete replacement from fuel pump to the TB, if possible.

With that said, what is the best option for replacing these? I don't have any experience with running lines or making flares, but I will learn whatever is necessary to do a proper repair.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Has anyone used these lines from Fineline, available from Rock Auto?
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=3935214&cc=1051063&jnid=579&jpid=11
I'm having trouble figuring out what all is included in that kit, and whether it will have everything I need to get from fuel pump to TB. It seems like there should be additional flex lines, as mine appears to have a section of flex where they attach to the fuel pump, and the section just after the filter that goes up and over the transmission to the throttle body, on both lines.

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
ebay has the line kits- They have the front half from filter to TBI, and rear half from Pump to filter. I think they have the return lines as well much of the lines in my truck have been replaced with high pressure rubber, and I am ok with that for now- The return line under the body is getting pretty crunchy looking but I replaced my trans cooler lines because they looked crunchy and they were actually still solid.