95 Chevy k1500 wiring nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justice7688

Reaction score
Pressure s/b 10 - 13PSI. When you turn on the key with engine off (KOEO) the pump should run for about 2 seconds then shut off. While cranking it should run continuously. The TBI doesn't hold pressure after the pump shuts off (unlike a Vortec), your pressure should drop off almost immediately.

Edit: if you have a 7.4L your fuel pressure s/b 18 - 20 PSI, only 94 & 95 had the smaller injectors running on higher pressure.
I have the 95 k1500 with the 5.7

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’ll be the 60e on a half ton.

That shift lock solenoid is just to keep it from shifting out of park without the brake pedal pushed in, so it shouldn’t keep it from starting.

If it starts and continues to run on starting fluid, then I’d suspect a fuel pump issue. I’m not familiar with the specs for a TBI, but a fuel pressure check probably wouldn’t hurt. Not sure if those have a test port near the intake or if you have to disconnect something near the filter to fit a gauge, though.
It WOULD be the 4l60e assuming that's what the truck came with, BUT like @AK49BWL said, it kinda looks like the truck was manual at one point, if that's the case, it could very well be an 80e, I for one would die before I swapped a manual for a 60e, an 80e is a much more likely candidate.

Take a pic of your RPO codes in the glovebox and that'll put this mystery to bed.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It WOULD be the 4l60e assuming that's what the truck came with, BUT like @AK49BWL said, it kinda looks like the truck was manual at one point,

Lol, yeah there was a bit of a brain fart on my end. Wouldn’t there be visual differences with the pan to help identify what was swapped in if that is the case?

I wouldn’t understand a manual to auto swap, either.

Last edited:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I know RPO code M30 is the 4L60E, and M50 is the NV3500..... but that's all I can remember. Being a 1500, it'll likely be one of those two. I don't believe the 80E was an option on the 1500s, but what the hell... Apparently that one's RPO is MT1.

As far as whether it USED to be a manual, I couldn't say. I would need someone else with a 95 to verify whether that bracket is in their truck or not. Mine's a manual so that's how I know what it's there for.

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol, yeah there was a bit of a brain fart on my end. Wouldn’t there be visual differences with the pan to help identify what was swapped in if that is the case?

I wouldn’t understand a manual to auto swap, either.

4l80e has a 17 bolt pan and the 4l60e has a 16 bolt. That will be the easiest way to see what you have. they are different lengths but if you don't have them side by side that may be difficult to tell.

Justice7688

Reaction score
I know RPO code M30 is the 4L60E, and M50 is the NV3500..... but that's all I can remember. Being a 1500, it'll likely be one of those two. I don't believe the 80E was an option on the 1500s, but what the hell... Apparently that one's RPO is MT1.

As far as whether it USED to be a manual, I couldn't say. I would need someone else with a 95 to verify whether that bracket is in their truck or not. Mine's a manual so that's how I know what it's there for.
well it's a 60E 16 bolt pan and here's the glove box sticker what you can read of it anyway.

You must be registered for see images attach

Justice7688

Reaction score

well it's a 60E 16 bolt pan and here's the glove box sticker what you can read of it anyway.

Justice7688

Reaction score

/ATTACH]

[/QUOTE]

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
M30, so that confirms it left the factory with the 60E. I guess they put the clutch pedal brackets in all of them 95+ then.

Justice7688

Reaction score
M30, so that confirms it left the factory with the 60E. I guess they put the clutch pedal brackets in all of them 95+ then.
That's what I'm thinking. Anyway I have fuel but I haven't checked the pressure yet. I was chasing wiring issues all day. But I know I don't use all the shots in the fuse box under the hood but if your looking at the lid there's a spare then going down there is the ecm-b then the rrdefrost then the fuel sol then ign-e them how plug. I know I don't need the rrdef, and the flow plug but should ride, have a fuse in the fuel sol and the IGN-E?