95 c1500 RCLB Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjslaunwhite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
slippy, im def gonna give my freind a call, i know hes got several square body chevs over there, so ill need, front and rear axel's t-case, tranny, what about the cross member under the tranny? is it the same on 2wd/4wd? as for mounts, if someone can post a few pics of the right ones to use i can machine some up out of 1/4" steel

mattjslaunwhite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol my 30 min $8 sub box i tossed together so i can try out the sub, just running the duel VC off the deck for test purp. def not staying in that box havent decided where im gonna put it in the truck, wife doesnt want it in the car (got 2x 6.5" kicker subs in the rear deck anyways in that)

You must be registered for see images

Pioneer premier 10" 4ohm duel voice coil 1000w max 350rms beast, never been used, guy i got the truck from had it a few years and sold it to me for $50 (also sold me the kickers also for $50)

*edit, duct tape is just to seal it better, theres 8 screws each side lol box is 1cuft (rec for this sub is .75~1.2cuft)

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
G'day fellow Bluenoser.

Before you start chopping and hacking, think about your intended use.

If you want an average use street driven truck, the 2500 running gear is fine. Dirt roads, fire roads and logging trail are fine too. Power line cuts are usually ok, until you get into the large bolder style cuts. NSpower crews tend to leave the majority of the cuts pretty messy. Passable, but messy.

If you are talking bigger the 35-ish tires and large amounts of lift then a solid front axle starts to make more sense.

If you intend to crawl through the NS woods it depends on where you are. Most places I go IFS works just fine. If you plan to crawl around some of the rockier/mossier/slipperier trails you may want to start thinking about a soild axle for the articulation and the ability to take the shock loading that typically happens in NS wet/rocky conditions.

If you plan to go boggin' (different than what the southern gents call mud boggin) I would suggest a solid axle and the widest, largest, most aggressive tires you can afford.

Boggs are what they would call swamps down south except with more mossy/tundra like stuff in it. It'll grab ya and suck ya down in short order. Nasty stuff....:)

mattjslaunwhite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im down in the valley, in wilmot, sorta 5 mins between middleton and greenwood, most trails are decent enough that my friends 88 ranger could get thru most, even back before he put a new 4wd axel in it. the guy 2 trailers over yesterday just offered to sell me his 96 ranger (EXT, 2wd 4cyl 5sp) for $300,(or i can trade a 32" led tv i have straight for it) i could jack that thing up on hockey pucks and a haggard lift (off road only so legalitys are out the window) , toss some 31's on and destroy it, and keep the chev as a nice DD, getting that offer on that ranger is making me think of a new direction. BUT do i really need 3 vehc's ROFL

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
im down in the valley, in wilmot, sorta 5 mins between middleton and greenwood, most trails are decent enough that my friends 88 ranger could get thru most, even back before he put a new 4wd axel in it. the guy 2 trailers over yesterday just offered to sell me his 96 ranger (EXT, 2wd 4cyl 5sp) for $300,(or i can trade a 32" led tv i have straight for it) i could jack that thing up on hockey pucks and a haggard lift (off road only so legalitys are out the window) , toss some 31's on and destroy it, and keep the chev as a nice DD, getting that offer on that ranger is making me think of a new direction. BUT do i really need 3 vehc's ROFL

LOL, Wilmot. Small world.

I still own my house in Harmony.

I was on the base, but they've been bouncing me around for several years now.....

mattjslaunwhite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya orginally from fall river up by the airport, moved down here in 2010 and stayed ever since, bought a trailer in feb for $5000 so im here for the foreseeable future lol . so you must have been down good ol ruggles road a few times then?, havent tried to get down it yet with my truck, to much snow on it for 2wd, but we hit 7c today and heard its gonna hit 13c on tues

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
slippy, im def gonna give my freind a call, i know hes got several square body chevs over there, so ill need, front and rear axel's t-case, tranny, what about the cross member under the tranny? is it the same on 2wd/4wd? as for mounts, if someone can post a few pics of the right ones to use i can machine some up out of 1/4" steel

Solid axle bracket kits are avalible from offroad design. They have pretty much all the info you need. You could probably use the cross member that comes with the transfer case and just drill holes.

Like great white said, it all depends on what you want to do with your rig. I was just liking at ease of install. Since its a 2wd all the hard work of taking the independent out is already there.

Sent from Robl@nd

mattjslaunwhite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
finally got a chance to get it up on the ramps the other day, looks like all the brake and gas lines are new along with the rear brake cyl's. exhaust from cat back is new too, def got lucky on that :)

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
ya orginally from fall river up by the airport, moved down here in 2010 and stayed ever since, bought a trailer in feb for $5000 so im here for the foreseeable future lol . so you must have been down good ol ruggles road a few times then?, havent tried to get down it yet with my truck, to much snow on it for 2wd, but we hit 7c today and heard its gonna hit 13c on tues

Lol, I grew up in lower Sackville. Just around the corner from fall river. Dated a few girls from fall river........

You must be registered for see images attach

Ruggles road, yup. Costume place there that we used to rent Halloween costumes from.

Last edited: