95 c150 hvac controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PA2A

Reaction score
I also have a 95. My climate control unit is shot. Hopefully the only issue as summer is here and I have no a/c.

I bought the truck last April(a/c not working when I bought it) and went through the whole summer without air. I only put about 800 miles on the truck since I got it.

I just ordered the harness from a seller on Ebay. I'm hoping the harness and the new climate control unit solve the issue.

PA2A

Reaction score
My 95 k1500 a/c was not working. The symptoms were:

AC button light came on when pressed, but no voltage at compressor.

Compressor clutch would not engage when bypassing the low pressure switch, high pressure switch, or relay.

Compressor did come on when applying 12 volts directly to the compressor.

Temp control knob physically broken in climate control unit

Here's some pictures of a replacement climate control unit in my 95 k1500. I'm by no means an expert.

95 adapter harness. Bought off ebay.

You must be registered for see images attach

Original climate control unit being removed from dash.

New climate control unit ACDELCO part # 15-72548. This part is for a 96-98, but fits the 95 with the harness above attached.

Dash with new climate control unit installed. Took about a half hour including removing the dash trim and taking pictures.

Compressor now comes on with the low pressure switch bypassed.

Tomorrow I'll call the local mechanic to see about checking for leaks and recharging the system.

PA2A

Reaction score
Got my truck back from the mechanic today. High side valve replacement and recharge. I now have air conditioning. It's not as cold as I hoped, but it works.