95 C/K 1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Dub

Underdog Performance
Reaction score
Okay I've decided this time I'm going to cover my whole build so I can keep track of everything in one place. I'll definitely need some advice and help because I am by NO means a pro, but I love to give everything a try by myself at least once! Lol. Feel free to chime in.

Truck is a 1995 1500 with a 4.3L V6. 5 Speed. "Around" 100k miles according to the PO. Tranny is smooth except for going into 2nd & 3rd. Motor runs great after a quick tune up.. after I drove it 40 minutes home sputtering at anything about 2k RPMs. Interior is trashed, no console, no radio, no carpet, dash is just sitting there... etc. Body & paint is in dire need of help.

Plans as of 4/4/13: (all out of order, but most of them are here)
Finish the body work and paint... Single color... Hot Rod Flatz Rally Green Metallic
Black front and rear bumpers
New window and door trim
Tailgate "emblem", the one that goes side to side (Looking to buy if anyone has one)
Bedliner
FatMat interior OVER bedliner
Edelbrock intake
Throttle body spacer
FIX THE A/C
Lower 4" more out back and 2" in the front
Prime, smooth, and paint the interior silver... Dash will have 2oz of silver flake added. Just the dash will have flake.
Green carpet
Have my mom restich my seats using green and black simulated leather (marine vinyl)
New lowers to the door panels made of MDF, wrapped with green simulated leather
Have Jeff swap my used 5 speed in to replace the messed up original... Jeff will eventually swap a 6.0/4L60E in the next year at the most.
Already ordered 20x9 Milani Kool Whip 6, black

Stereo will include... 4 5.25s per door, 2 4" coaxials per side on the rear pillar, VVME 4 channel, 2 VVME 1500 mono blocks, 4 DD 8" woofers in a custom console (have plans drawn up), PA flip down untill I move AC controls for a double din,

Here are some pics after getting it home...
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where in louisiana are you from? ... theres a local site you may wanna check out as well latruckscene.net

J-Dub

Underdog Performance
Reaction score
I'm in Baton Rouge. I know of that site just never joined over there. I know tons of guys from around here from my previous vehicles that are on that site. Thanks for the heads up!

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya its a pretty good site to find parts local. I Just noticed the previous owner ruined that hood with hood pins lol

J-Dub

Underdog Performance
Reaction score
You from around here? Didn't realize that.

Yeah hood pins aren't my favorite but I'm still deciding what I want to do with them

J-Dub

Underdog Performance
Reaction score
Judging by your build thread your work is better than mine! Haha

J-Dub

Underdog Performance
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm selling my bike today so I can get started on the body work and hopefully afford the tranny. Not sure if I'm rebuilding or swapping it with one I found for a decent deal...