'95 350tbi stumbling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowkey

Reaction score
Okay y'all, I'm back with the same god damn problem lol

My 350tbi stumbles and bogs down (sounds like it's choking), but ONLY when the air temperature is 0°C or lower AND it's wet out (either from rain or snow, as long as the road is wet). If it is wet and warm, it does not happen. If it is cold and dry, it does not happen.

I have replaced (not that any of these could potentially be the cause, just to give as much info as possible)

- both coolant temp sensors
- ICM
- distributor cap
- TPS
- thermostat X2
- thermostat housing
- O2 sensor

I've also replaced the engine ground as that was in rough shape.

The last thing I had done was a complete rewiring of the fuel pump circuit. The previous owner had the fuel pump wired directly into the fuse location, and then ran the wire to a solenoid which he had mounted on the inside of the driver's side fender. Throughout all this, the truck still does not respond well while in these conditions (which does not bode well for me as I live in Canada). We were hoping this circuit was the issue, as the fuel pump circuit would randomly drop all voltage for a few seconds before coming back, over and over again.

When this issue is occuring, the truck begins to stumble while at cruising speeds (noticable at 90 km/h, but gets much worse in town at 60 km/h). It will also stumble more aggressively when stopped while in drive (such as at a stop light or while pulling in to the driveway).

Here's a video for ya
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hopefully you guys got the answer that we can't figure out!

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As always--verify fuel pressure during prime, and under load.

Connect a scan tool, verify EVERY sensor and computer output.

Assure that the distributor mainshaft magnet isn't broken.