94 Sierra GT Interior Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94SierraGT

Reaction score
Whats up everybody? Well i went to the you pull yard here and got a temperatur/compass/auto dim rear view mirror, and sun visors out of an escalade. I also got an overhead console out of nbs extended cab truck. I got all the wiring I could out of both vehicles. For the overhead console can I just splice into the dome light wires? With the mirror, the sticky for installing it, he put the pink wire into the fuse box, this is how i want to do it, but have no clue how, can someone help me with this? Plan on getting all this done next weekend!

94SierraGT

Reaction score
Figured out the wiring sort of. Tied all of my grounds together to run down under the dash and ground there, tied all the constant 12v wires together to run under the dash and hook to the fuse box. Gotta get a test light to find a constant and switched spot on the fuse box next. I also bought a 2 prong trailer plug extension, cut in half and am going to use that to connect the temperature probe wires outside the firewall.

94SierraGT

Reaction score
Finished it all today! For wiring, the orange (constant 12v) i tied into the dome light, for the pink (switched 12v) I ran down the pillar and tied into another pink wire I found. Green reverse light wire, found the reverse light switch and tied it into the green wire going to that. Tied all my grounds together in the roof and ran them down the pillar and grounded them under the dash. Got a 2 prong trailer plug extension, cut in half and used that as a connector at the firewall for the temp sensor. Everything works!

94SierraGT

Reaction score
Before
You must be registered for see images attach

During

After

94SierraGT

Reaction score
Yea, both of em are really bad, I think from cigarretes or jus weather. They will be getting recovered in a couple years. Imma try to see if I clean them up.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I have been lucky to get grease and even smoke and water stains out using a white towel and brake clean. Spray the towel with the brake clean and then wipe the piece, always going in one direction. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but its always worth a try.