94 K1500 ECSB Steppie to get 02 LQ4 Transplant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turboedge

Reaction score
Hello all,

I moving toward installing an LQ4 in my old truck (engine in hand). The current engine irritates me to no end. I have replaced the head gaskets, and a second time after the first in an attempt to get rid of fairly regular air bubbles going through the heater core. I'm either doing something wrong (entirely possible) or the block/heads have some issue that I am unaware of. It did go on a 1200 mile trip through the mountains pulling a trailer. So what ever it is does not seem to be life threatening. The problem causes (or there are multiple issues) the engine to surge a bit at light throttle about 30-35, which with a manual transmission causes unpleasant kerchunking. It's really quite disappointing as the vehicle only had 57k on it when I got it a few years ago, but I really don't want to pull the engine apart again, and be disappointed for a third time.

I'd like it to look relatively stock-ish under the hood. So my question is, has anyone ever used a turbo-diesel air cleaner on an LS swap? It looks like with the outlet aimed forward like it is that it might come fairly close to lining up.

Thanks in advance for the insight!