94 ECRB - Drivers Door won't open from outside.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Anyone know where I could find diagrams or a how-to on tearing the doors apart? Tired of getting in passenger side and/or leaving my window wide open, lol. Thanks

Will post pics of the piece that I was able to recover from inside the door panel, bent piece of metal, went from door latch to the.. unlatching mechanism? about 4" - 6" long

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
was you able to get it fixed if not lmk they can be a pita sometimes but Ive gotta an somewhat easy way figured out

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
No I haven't had the chance to get out and tear it apart yet -

The piece that gets unclipped from the outside door handle (on the inside of the door) is the piece that fell out of my door..
Shows the piece starting at 2:23 -- on second thoughts - i think it is a different rod, that one looks longer and not as bent out of shape :S.. i'll go find mine and take a picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pj45Mb_FSY&feature=youtube_gdata_player - 2:23

I am assuming both plastic pieces it clips to are broken at this point.

Thinking it would be easier to just get a new drivers door. The bottom corner is "peeled" towards the front bumper, thanks to the lil lady thinking she could pull the boat out.. ugh (Left door open and hung it up on the walkway/ramp between boat launches) didnt close worth a piss after that, ended up slamming it shut a few times, ended up kicking it shut a few times ... -.- had hinges and latchs replaced but then the outside handle ed off a week later. Gd damn doors.