94 Blazer Sport and what to do!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleTap308

Reaction score
I need help sorting my braincells out because I think i overloaded them.... Here's my dilemma

I currently have a 94 Blazer - Sport edition. Here's the good : 4 x 4 works great, DOORS CLOSE ! (I'm sure most of you know why I stressed that part), runs great, new rear shocks, drives great and it's BLACK :)

Bad: Frame is rusty... REALLY rusty! Not cracked but it's rusty to the point that it takes the fun out of wrenching due to broken bolts, falling debris, etc. Brakes lines are rusty (still holding pressure as of now, knock on wood!), Fuel line is rusty (patched with rubber in areas because I made the mistake of changing the fuel filter). Front grille is a little cracked here and there...

I have the chance to buy a 92 Fullsize Blazer - Cheyenne model. Frame is clean, body is nice and I am REALLY close to pullin the trigger on this truck but what I'm tryin to figure out is

Can I use the composite headlight front end on it? (BTW I have a good GMC grille to use)

Can I somehow swap the gauge panel and use the TACH one I have in the 94 or would it just be easier to go aftermarket tach?

Can I swap my fender flares to the 92 and if so how do I get them off? ( I tried & failed on a Yukon in the junkyard)

Could I install my power locks/windows to the 92?

Are there holes drilled on a 92 for the skid plates I have on my 94?

Seems like the Cheyenne was a no frills model? I could be wrong. I can live with the manual mirrors and stuff but I'm just tryin to figure out and get opinions on whats a better way to go. Do I spend all the time and money tryin to figure out and then actually repair the rusty parts or get the 92 and transfer the parts I like from the 94?

ARGHHHH!! ANY & ALL input is MUCH appreciated!!

Thanks
DT308

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well man anything is possible. most of those parts will swap over pretty easily and there are howtos for alot of it on this site. it would probly be cheaper to fix the rust on your truck. but not knowing how bad it really is personally makes it hard to say. my frame is pretty rusted but i plan to sandblast and paint it. the brake lines are not a big deal to fix either. it all just takes time! and for the future the Cheyenne is the base model with no power options. the silverado package comes with the power windows and all that good stuff.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say the best thing would be a frame swap, and your skid plate should swap over. just take your power everything body and put it onto the cheyenne frame and then drop the motor in.

DoubleTap308

Reaction score
I was considering the frame swap and that's the way I may go. I also wanted to have the frame blasted and painted which means I would have to take the body off anyway (at least to make sure it's ALL covered) so I may as well do that with the better frame.

Hopefully if I have more time this weekend I'll search out the how-to's you recommended

Thanks for the input... it helps clear a lot of brain fog and points me in a better direction!!

DT308