93 GMC Typhoon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never understood what the fuss is about these Typhoons/Syclones. Not being a jerk I just don't have any idea what is so special other than the production numbers.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Yeah typhoon, cyclone turbo charged 4.3 awd I bilieve it still hold the record for fastest production truck but I could be wrong. Those truck got down in the 11's from the factory IIRC. Dont hold me too that Im a bit rusty these days but yeah special.

CrewCab Steve

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
One fast ass truck/jimmy you ever seen an s-10 eat a grand national. Hahahaha. No but really they are stupid fun little rides. A guy here in town has a cyclone had it on CL a while back it has 23,000 original miles and the asking price was 22,000. youch. But not to outta line. Josh its the owner of project T over in urbana.

CrewCab Steve

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
More horsepower & faster (60ft. & 1/4 mile!) than the 454SS of the same year! 40/60 (fr., rr.) split 4 wheel drive.
The truck version only has a 500lb. payload, though.
Off the showroom floor, bump up the timing, add more boost (14lbs. stock) a tank o' premium, check the tire pressure, & they would run low 12's, high 11's! But to do that consistently, for extended periods, mods should be done.
The transfer case is a viscous connection style. Apparently, the same one used in the all-wheel drive Astro vans.
Fastest factory production truck ever built!

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love those trucks one of the fastest trucks ever made theres one around here and wasnt there one based on the S-10?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

6d8muscle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those were faster than a Vette back then. I tried to buy one new in 92 but just couldn't swing the payment on a $25k truck. I would still love to have one!!