92 TBI upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Been thinking in the near future I'm gonna make some mods to the TBI just bouncing around ideas at this point. I was wondering about removing the collar under my air cleaner cuz to me it looks like a big restriction, but it also has the rebreather hose going into it so I'm not sure how I would re-route that. Other than that just a standard TBI spacer and maybe grinding some unneeded metal off the throttle body.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Been thinking in the near future I'm gonna make some mods to the TBI just bouncing around ideas at this point. I was wondering about removing the collar under my air cleaner cuz to me it looks like a big restriction, but it also has the rebreather hose going into it so I'm not sure how I would re-route that. Other than that just a standard TBI spacer and maybe grinding some unneeded metal off the throttle body.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?11743-ULTIMATE-TBI-mods-stage-1
The breather hose can be replaced with a breather cap on the valve cover.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
same thing I did, just remove it, toss it, then put a breather in the vc hole.

I tried a normal drop base open element air cleaner on mine and it would not work I had to buy a 1/2 raised base aire cleaner to clear without the ring.

and mine had no issues clearing the throttle bracket, it hit the coil and then the esc, egr and MAP sensor bracket.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
same place mine is, I moved the MAp, the esc and such to the firewall even the coil.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Feeling dumb yet again cuz I never noticed before today that it had a throttle body spacer already. More interesting than that though is that someone cut out the center from the bottom of the air cleaner housing and riveted in an aftermaket bowl shaped piece that got rid of the collar too and opened the assembly way up. Kinda looks like my work is done already lol.