92 ls swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldy

Reaction score
Ok guys, I’ve looked threw all 298 pages on the maintenance manual for the wiring on a 92 and searched the inter webs. I know I’m just missing it but I’m labeling the wires I need to keep in the white plug harness that goes threw the firewall on the passenger side and mounts behind the glove box. I’ve got the white plug worked out and have my ac wires separated. But there is a 3rd plug that has a power and two twisted wires one green with black stripe and one purple with a white stripe. What is this for? Like a said I’ve looked for a few hours and I know I’m missing it. Somebody throw an old man a bone. Thanks in advance.
You must be registered for see images attach

D-Day

Reaction score
The green and purple wire are from the speed transducer from the transmission or transfer case. Should be connected to the DRAC unit also behind the glove box. Wireing diagram might call it a VSS Buffer.
The red wire is from the battery bus from the engine compartment firewall. When I get home in a few days I’ll look at my wiring diagram.

D-Day

Reaction score
The red wire I followed off of the battery bus. It supplies power to the headlights and to the CTSY and Park LPS fuses. You don't have a fuse to your headlights, it is the fuseable link from the battery bus.