Well a guy went on the lines and purchased some gear for phase 1.24 of the project, which is a fuel system. The fuel gauge was reading a little under half a tank of diesel and I hadn't gotten my buddy anything for Christmas yet, so I thought I'd get two birds stoned at the same time with this expert fuel removal station:
You must be registered for see images attach
He can have his diesel back in a can that actually pours. The classic Chinesium hand pump worked exactly as well as the last one I bought for this purpose; it's terrible, leaks profusely, pumps 0.224 ounces per actuation, and will probably split in half after the first job. I did bother to leave it indoors and wash it after this time though. Why am I always siphoning fuel in the snow?
Continued my electrical diagnostic journey, decided to pull the C100 connector, then decided that was a bad idea halfway through and then I was getting electrical instability in the cabin after trying to put it back how I found it. Cinched it up harder, still had some problems, pretty sure it was just a low battery from the cold and my various testing. I switched it out for a freshly charged unit and the electrical situation was normal again, fingers crossed I didn't make some vital mistake down in C100 land.
The fuel hose was covered in grey silt when I pulled it out of the tank. I was told "you're gonna want to pull the tank," so that was a true statement. I need a different pump anyhow, but I'm curious to see what horrors lurk below. The filler neck was brutally clearanced for diesel nozzles, and I'm sure that craftsmanship will continue. Did get about 6 gallons out, I'm sure there's more in there but my hose can't find it so it's as light as I can get it. Fuel gauge now reads max, must have bumped the sender with the hose in the tank but that means that circuit is operational.
Still haven't gotten the wipers back together, I've been waiting for the snow to leave before I dig into that. It's slippery out here.