91 short wide with issues and soon bb swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotrod22

Reaction score
hey yall. tommarow im tradin my dodge for a 91 short wide:)(thank god!)and i have a few questions. #1 its a 350 /R4 set up currently. it has an issue with cutting out when you give it to much gas (sometimes. not always) still has plenty of power. the ol dude replaced the fuel pump and it still does it. brand new dist, wires, plugs and all that. could the fuel filter really cause it to do THAT? #2 im planning on putting a 454 punched and strocked to a 489 in it:evillol: now my question is can you run a chiped tbi computer on that engine(with supporting mods(( injectors, bigger pump etc))? with a pretty big cam 9witch it does have) i dont kno weather to go with tbi or megasquirt it or carb it or what lol. just lookin for some advice.
thanks

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a fuel filter COULD do it. its not likely but if its clogged then the **** inside it could shift making it not get enough fuel at certain times. i agree on the carb part. nothing like a fine tuned 4 barrel!

hotrod22

Reaction score
ok thanx. it could be a coil or something too i guess. they guy im getn it from doesnt kno a whole bunch abt cars bt hes not dumb lol. itl be next wensday now anyway:bs:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
how big of a cam are we talking here? anything with less then a 110 LSA is never gonna run proper, I have done a carb swap on my truck using a Holley Street Avenger and i love it. If you decide to go that route, i can send you the links for the proper regulators and stuff your gonna need.

hotrod22

Reaction score
thanx thatd be cool. im most likley gona go with a manual pump if i go carb. my buddy and i did a small block swap with a mild cam and ended up doin away with the elc in tank pump. (mainly cuz he fried it racin a vette the 2days after it was tuned right) bt that was the stock one also. go ahead and send me that link. im not oposed to running elec just dont want issues lol

hotrod22

Reaction score
amd its a prerry good size cam(dont have specs yet just going off hearing it run) bt id figure aroun a 525 lift or so. the engines suposed to have around 650hp and tq in the mid 7s. should be fun in a short wide with a lsd lol