91 K1500 350 TBI Running Rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldbrown

Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently picked up this truck with 163k miles.
Guy was a straight shooter and it was his backup truck. Drove it today for a few hours running errands etc. Ran like a champ. Took it back out in later in the day and it is running rough, no power and will hardly stay running. My first thought is maybe the fuel pump or clogged converter. No check engine lights either. I appreciate any input you guys have. Thanks in advance.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Start with fuel filter and check basic maintenance plugs wires cap rotor

ViEJO_C1500

Reaction score
was the truck parked for a while prior to you buying it? you might want to do a routine maintenance run on it. I would also test the fuel pressure. you can rent a tool from a hardware store if you don't have one or want to purchase one,

oldbrown

Reaction score
Thanks guys. No time right now to work on it but will start with fuel filter and checking fuel pressure. It does it when cold at startup or when hot. From there will do full tune up so I know it is in a good state of tune etc. Looking forward to a fun daily driver

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My bet is on the distributor cap or the fuel filter.