89 c1500 5.7L massive oil leak once started

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

402s10

Reaction score
I’ve never had any issues with an oil leak. First time firing in about a year, new gas, new oil, new coolant. Once I start the motor, oil dumps out somewhere above oil filter. It’s very hard to see because the motor is in an s10 so the bay is tight. Oil leaks so fast it’s alarming. Any ideas?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve never had any issues with an oil leak. First time firing in about a year, new gas, new oil, new coolant. Once I start the motor, oil dumps out somewhere above oil filter. It’s very hard to see because the motor is in an s10 so the bay is tight. Oil leaks so fast it’s alarming. Any ideas?
If you changed the oil, did the old filter gasket come off?
My stepson had the same "learning opportunity" and made a hell of a mess on my driveway.
It's simple to overlook.

Reaction score
Take a look at your oil pressure sender, behind the distributor. Most senders whether OEM or aftermarket don't last too long on our vehicles. Since space is tight, you'll have to remove the distributor and then the sender. If any part of the sender is loose, that's where your oil leak is coming from.