89 305 tbi problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foxpak

Reaction score
It starts and runs for a second and dies, acts like its loading up and running rich. Changed and or checked pretty much everything I could think of, plugs, wires, cap, button, injectors, module.
Any ideas?

Foxpak

Reaction score
Starts pretty easily, just won't stay running for longer than a few seconds.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you change the cap or just check for cracks? If you changed it are you sure you re-installed the plug wires to the right spot on the cap? Your firing order could very well be off, which would cause a major timing issue like it sounds you have. Also have you checked the mag in the distributer? Or the coil module? Both of those could also attribute the same type of problems your having!

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
right beside the thermostat is the coolant sensor for the computer, try unplugging it and see if that helps. if that is reading way cold it will make the computer dump way to much fuel

Foxpak

Reaction score
Timing and firing is right, fuel pressure is good, bypassed coolant sensor. No change.....
No codes either....

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fergbkf