88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Hey Dave, which valve stem extenders did you get to work with your Welds? I need to get a set for mine. I looked back thru the thread but couldn't find them. Thanks!

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
What does the 88 look like compared to the 02?
:lol: worlds apart
You must be registered for see images attach

Hey Dave, which valve stem extenders did you get to work with your Welds? I need to get a set for mine. I looked back thru the thread but couldn't find them. Thanks!
Terry, I assume you are running stock steel inners and no spacers, correct? If that is the case a 4" straight extension should work fine for you. I had this set prior to the wheels swap, and test fitted them with out the spacer on the welds.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002O30CGI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On my truck, with the wheel spacer i needed longer and slightly bent extension.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111361818798?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I am running the stock steel inners without spacers. I can't seem to get the valve stem on the inner lined up with a hole in the Welds no matter how I have either wheel positioned. Perhaps I'm going to have to use the steel braided flexible ones or am I missing something?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I am running the stock steel inners without spacers. I can't seem to get the valve stem on the inner lined up with a hole in the Welds no matter how I have either wheel positioned. Perhaps I'm going to have to use the steel braided flexible ones or am I missing something?

Here is the steel inner wheel.

The valve stem is lined up between the lugs..... and there is your problem..... Your wheels are actually different than mine - You have 8 holes I have 10. Yours are spaced with the 8-lug holes. Mine, being a differing number vary.

Yours, I recall you saying they were dated from 96 and thus would be Aluma-Dual III:

Mine are dated 88 and are Aluma-Dual II:

If you were running spacers the lugs would be clocked and then a straight extension would work with your wheels. Mine do not matter as I can clock them because the holes vary. Looks like flexible is the solution for you.

Last edited:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
I know they are dirty right now.... I need to get better pictures of both all cleaned up :secret:

Also, have a few more things up my sleeve for the dually. More lighting upgrades.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
I'm jealous of your trucks. You make all the mods factory looking and they look really clean!

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
I'm jealous of your trucks. You make all the mods factory looking and they look really clean!
Thanks. I really hate things that look like they have been just thrown on there.

Anyway.....

I had some filed complaints about the bumper lights not matching - and yes, they were temporary as they are what I had at the moment. I finally picked up a let of the LMC glass 88-89 lowbeams and threw some HIDs in them. Matches the front lighting MUCH better.

Don't piss me off. This is a lot of light, and yes it has been used before. :lol:

Close up

Few poser shots showing my 88 and Devin's 96. All 3 trucks here 454 NV4500 14bolt trucks. Can anyone say "gas mileage"?