88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alignment should stay the same no matter what wheels are tires are on the truck. Since it was wearing the driver's tire funny prior, and out of spec since I cranked the torsion bars I decided I wanted to have it set before putting my new tires on it. I will probably send it back once I put them on as well.
The shop I used to work at could do it with bigger, taller tires, it asked questions and you could change to what lift you had that's why I asked, idk I don't get alignments, they spensive lol

Live action!!

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
how tall are your cb antennas? 3ft?
2ft. I have a pair of 4ft ones but they don't agree with the wind break and the camper.
The shop I used to work at could do it with bigger, taller tires, it asked questions and you could change to what lift you had that's why I asked, idk I don't get alignments, they spensive lol

Live action!!
Ah. as far as i'm concerned the tire size shouldn't affect it. My suspension is set. It was only $60 for the alignment and $80 to do the knockouts.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
so a 2ft on the hood gets good reception? I like the way they look, just wondering

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
And, now for an update!

Yeah they still aren't on. I know I'm just killing you all! All the parts showed up last night.... Sorta. The spacers are ready to roll but the hub rings needed signed for, and I was at work... *Doh* So off to the post office today to pick them up.

Anyway, here are the spacers from Motorsport-tech. They are machined very nicely, 10.9 wheel studs... and fits beautifully in the center bore of my wheels (which is custom made for these weld wheels). My only complaint was a couple studs weren't fully seated, had to "gently" tap them in all the way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, Weld sent me some information on these wheels. Mine were made in 1988 and used a shanked lug, this catalog page was from 93 when they switched to 90 deg acorns.

And for another comparison shot for you all.... particularly dually guys. Here is a comparison between a stock 225/75R16, 235/85R16 and 255/85R16 all on 16x6 dually wheels. The difference is astounding.